Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to read all of the posts about tire and wheel sizes, but I guess my brain isn't working well enough to figure it out. I am putting a 67 together and am planning on using a DSE tub kit for the back to help with wider tires, but don't know what size tire to use. I am looking at 18" American Racing Killer wheels that would be 8.5" wide in front and 10" wide in back. I will be getting a new Moser rear end and Wilwood disk brakes all around. Because I'm getting a new rear end, shouldn't I be able to use just about any offset? And after droping the car about 2", what would be a good size for the tires? Any advise or ideas is greatly appriciated.

Don

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Im running 18's on mine. The fronts are 18x8's with 5" bs. Tires are 245/40/18 BFG KD's. Rears are 18x10's with 5.75" bs. Tires are 275/40/18 BFG KD's. This is on a 69 with trimmed fender lips. Front is lowered 2" and rear is 3". Either way its a very tight fit all the way around but man does it look sick............

·
Registered
657 Posts
With a DSE mini tub kit most people a running a 335/30-18 on a 12" wheel - the backspacing depends on the rear end width your going to use. I'm sure after you decide what that will be you can call DSE and they will tell you what backspace to order. If not you can post it here and we can probably help you out with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts