Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Rybar - See Black69's post - my setup has a 6" back spacing on the rear running a BFG 295-50-15 on a 15x10 ralley with 6" rear offset. The shocks had to be moved to the inside of the rear springs and my suspension is extremely stiff, and it sits a bit higher than mosts 69's. The tire you describe will be 26.7" in dia mine is 26.6". It will fit - but you probably have to modify something...can send you a pic - nick

·
Registered
317 Posts
With 5.75" you will likely have to roll the fender lip unless your car sits high and stiff. General consensus is that First Gens should get 5.5" BS on the rear to fit 275's. With a 10" rim you will likely run into the lower shock mount. 9.5" rims will just clear.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Agreed - everyone has a different twist on getting rubber under a 1st gen. Measure once, cut twice - just kidding - With the 6" back spacing, 295\50\15, and 10" rim I can get 1 finger between the tire and leaf spring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keep in mind that, if you have drums on the rear presently, and plan to go disc on the rear in the future, add 1/4" to your backspacing calculations to accommodate rotor thickness...

·
Registered
657 Posts
For what it's worth - Rich Downing over at www.pro-touring.com under the '69 Camaros ran 18x10 AR TT with 285/35-18s on the back with rear dics and 5.75" backspace and said they "rubbed bad" on the inside in the rear on both sides. He wound up using a 1/4" spacer and concluded - "there is just not enough room back there for a 10" wide wheel". I know there are guys running 10s - but keep in mind all these cars are a little different - measure both sides - ride height empty and loaded matters. Good Luck - Jack

[ 02-19-2005, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: JV69z/28rs ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts