Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I've owned this car since I'm 20 years old its been repainted twice.
motor (307 to 350 )
transmission ( power glide then th350 now 2004r)
rear swapped ( 308s to 342s) out.
Still has her AC and only 93 k miles original but it's actually less because when I did the rear I never changed the cable from the
70 4 bolt main
650 double pumper pro form
202 fuelie GM reproduction heads
cam lift 465/488 duration 290/300
Hooker Super Comps
200r4 Transmission sonax servo heavy duty clutch plates
2400 converter
342 posi rear ( 79 z28 )
Flowmaster exhaust
energy body bushings
Front disc brake conversion

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much
Was going to add white deck stripes but I have never seen another with white interior and a vinyl top so I think im leaving
Might add steelies with chrome lug nuts and my white letter tires

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
'69's always look awesome in black! :cool: Love the white interior too... Definitely keep it that way. :yes: Good to see another Long Islander on here. I grew up out in Farmingville...:beers: Have fun with it and welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No she was a light blue with a blue interior I'm the third owner I believe, so the original owner must have painted it , he also put 327 badges on it and when I ran the numbers it's a 307 which is harder to sell around here, basically giving the motor away ( selling everything that's not nailed down to finance my tranny build up) he did put a real steel cowl hood on it though so that's good

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Looks good... Clear it if you want to call attention to it underneath the car, or repaint it satin black to make it blend into the underbelly and keep it out of view. Personally, I like them out of view. I'd rather have my eyes be captured by nice wheels, chrome trim/tail pipes, or a sweet paint job. :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Used pewter grey krylon

Emptied my old tank today there was metal in the tank really weird like coin shaped metal and one that looked like an l bracket

Found a oem gas cap vented on eBay for 19$

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Been getting lots of great info on here lately. Just wanted to update my build thread

decided to go with a 200r4 that I found through a good friend

the servo is a sonax super hold with heavy duty clutch packs

went with the g force cross member

once the car was on the lift we realized the bushings,well some of them weren't there any longer and the others were shot.

went with energy suspension body bushings
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/e.../1969/make/chevrolet/model/camaro?prefilter=1
ordered my tv cable, lock up wiring dip stick inspection cover and 2400 stall from bowtie overdrives. Shift conversion I bought a few years ago from shiftworks

Cant wait to get the car back together. Might look to do the fi tech fuel injection by the spring too

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,354 Posts
Hi Mike,
I can bring the glass back from Spring Carlisle. I will either get the glass from CARS Inc. or Auto City Classics.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Mike,
I can bring the glass back from Spring Carlisle. I will either get the glass from CARS Inc. or Auto City Classics.
Thanks Ill be in touch,

Found rot where the holes for the bushings are purchased the plates to repair it and new cage nuts as two were totally wasted from Muscle car headquarters here in Long Island.

Also going through the parts we realized an important part missing in the tv system kit. The vendor is shipped it so were waiting. A few setbacks but hope to have the car back next week.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cars all together just waiting on fine tuning the tv system and making sure the car is shifting at the right pressures. Should have it back next few days can't wait

200r4 Transmission swap thread
350 to 200r4 swap 69 Camaro
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=375633

Bushings replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 69 Posts