Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 camaro that I just installed a mini tub kit in. Heres the problem if i run 18's will i have enough room to run at least 40-45 series with 18's? My car has a 3in drop with the mini tub. Also i havent ordered a rear end yet im thinkin I should order the rims and tires with the backspacing i want then measure for the narrow rear end? Sound right? Also with 18's and a 700r tranny what gear ratio do you guys recommend with a 177 supercharged 383 sbc? 3:73 4:11? Its not gonna be a daily driver just a weekend warrior and 1/4 mile queen. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 67 camaro that I just installed a mini tub kit in. Heres the problem if i run 18's will i have enough room to run at least 40-45 series with 18's? My car has a 3in drop with the mini tub. Also i havent ordered a rear end yet im thinkin I should order the rims and tires with the backspacing i want then measure for the narrow rear end? Sound right? Also with 18's and a 700r tranny what gear ratio do you guys recommend with a 177 supercharged 383 sbc? 3:73 4:11? Its not gonna be a daily driver just a weekend warrior and 1/4 mile queen. thanks
as far as i would say.. since you're not going to be driving it all the time.. i would say go with the 4.11's. obviously i'm assuming that you're not going for mileage, haha. as far as the rims.. i would say get the rear end first.. and then measure for your backspacing on the rims. i THINK you should be ok with the 18s anyways.. also depends on how wide of a rim you are going to go with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have to assume the mini tub is a DSE kit. They recommend a 18x12, 5.5" backspace and Kyle over ther will even tell you the length of rear end to get. I think it's about 54" but don't quote me, call them. Lindsay and Frank at DSE are great too. They know their stuff. As far as tires, you are looking at a 335/30/18 which is about 26.2 tall in a Michelin Pilot. If you need help with your wheel choice, let me know. I do alot of the pro-touring and lateral-g cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts