Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well :eek: I went and done it :noway: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I ORDERED ME A NEW LOW FUEL LIGHT MODULE FOR MY 1967 RS CAMARO :hurray:

lonestartcarparts in TEXAS has them on ebay for $56.95 best price I have found ,,,

I checked into this pretty good an have found out some info that I did not know , the 67 module is different from 68 69 ,
THE PARTS PLACES CLAIM TO HAVE UPDATED THE REPRO MODULES AND THEY NOW COME WITH A 5 YEAR WARRANTY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND GET THIS ,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CLAIM TO BE MADE IN USA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

couple of key thing's
#1 on 1967 camaro's with factory gauge's and console the fuel light is turned on by th module putting 12 volt power to the YELLOW wire that come's out of the module to the dash mount FUEL light
#2 on 1968 and 1969 camaro's the light is turned on by the module putting a GROUND on the YELLOW wire going to the light
#3 to check your bulb on 1967 camaro's just unplug the yellow wire in the back of the console and put 12 volt from the ammeter prong the bulb it will light up if it's good
#4 on 1968 1969 camaro's to check the bulb turn the key switch ON unhook the yellow wire in the back of the console gauges and GROUND IT this will makethe light come on ,,

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:yes: GOT MY NEW LOW FUEL MODULE WORK'S PERECT !

also now know how to test these ,,,FOR 1967 ONLY
THIS IS TO TEST THE MODULE BY ITSELF

#1 using a 12 volt battery and a test light
hook the red wire to the + positive post then hook the green wire and the black wire to the - negative post
#2 hook the test light from the yellow wire to the + positive post THE TEST LIGHT SHOULD COME ON !

IF THE LIGHT WON'T COME ON THE MODULE IS BAD !

THIS TEST WILL NOT WORK ON 68 69 MODULE'S !!
THEY ARE SET UP DIFFERENT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts