Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I recently purchased a 1967 Camaro conv. from lady that lives near me. Her husband did some work on the car and then passed away. It has its original stock 327 in it with some performance issues. When I drive it, it feels like the parking brake is set. However, the brakes are fine. I think it has some tuning issues. The car has a Crane XRi points to electronic conversion in it with an Accel Super coil 140001. It also has a brand new 570 Street Avenger carb. Can anyone tell me what the timing should be set at? What type of plugs should I use? Does the set-up sound like it should work. I am old school and I am not familiar with the electronics. Please help.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Do you have a timing light? Start your timing around 34 total and play with it back and forth during driving tests. I like Autolite plugs. I used to work for an auto parts store, and they wanted us to push Bosch stuff, then they would tell us that it would sell more because it was a crappy product and ppl would come back in to get replacement parts. Which ended up being very true.

AC Delco is ok, but you have to get the right heat range or they are prone to foul with Elec Ign. JM.02

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
:confused:
I recently purchased a 1967 Camaro conv. from lady that lives near me. Her husband did some work on the car and then passed away. It has its original stock 327 in it with some performance issues. When I drive it, it feels like the parking brake is set. However, the brakes are fine. I think it has some tuning issues. The car has a Crane XRi points to electronic conversion in it with an Accel Super coil 140001. It also has a brand new 570 Street Avenger carb. Can anyone tell me what the timing should be set at? What type of plugs should I use? Does the set-up sound like it should work. I am old school and I am not familiar with the electronics. Please help.
Does the car roll freely in nuetral when you rock it back and forth?If you have an auto trans...is it possible the previous owner installed a higher stall torque convertor that requires more throttle and rpm to couple and move the car forward?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts