Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Ralf and I am new to the forum. I was working on my newly acquired 1967 Camaro and found the attached picture on this forum of the back of a gauge cluster which is identical to mine. My question is what is the round piece at the center bottom with 4 wires coming from it? Thanks in advance !!

Attachments

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
It is the Low Fuel Warning Module that triggers the FUEL light on the dash cluster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated!! There are two clips on the inside of it which look like a fuse holder. Mine does not have anything in between the two clips. Is this normal or do you know what should be there.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
How about a picture?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
No the Camaro use of this GM designed unit did not employ use of the bulb in the socket of the module, it was actually there just to allow the unit to be mounted in the provided hole. Reproductions out there for these modules don't often have the socket fingers for mounting.

With as original design:

Without:

Popular variable set point replacement:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the top picture you posted is like the one I have and it all makes sense now, thanks to you, that they would use it for mounting purposes only. It was kinda driving me crazy thinking that it was for a bulb or fuse, none of which made any sense. Thanks a million!
:beers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts