Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what was originally a 6 cyl. 67 standard coupe Camaro... and I am trying to get the wiring back up and running...

can't get the headlights or brakes to work...

went to the fuse box... all seven in line fuses on the left side of the box have power... what are the strange shaped fuse recepticles on the right side for... other than the obvious ignition one... and that really different one on the very top right side... my box is so old most of the lettering is unreadable... LOL.

I DO have a manual on wiring coming, but in the meantime now that the car is back from the paint shop I'm trying to just get running lights up and working. THe park lights are fine, and turn signals.

Thanks in advance....

Jethro

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one out there with a 67 coupe... just to look under dash?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I think I have a good picture of a 67 box. I'll send you a copy later today.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome... thank you... helped me get the right fuses in there... LOL.

Hey, what is that silver round thing on the upper right.... is it a flasher? My turn lights are working, and I dont have one of those if it is... GOD I HATE ELECTRICITY... I'm going back out there to play with it... I now have four lights and turn signals working... no brakes or headlights though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geezer thanks... I'm going right back out and check something that I saw in your printout...

GUESS WHAT... at the end of 48 hours of off and on gueeswork... books... I now have the following:

BRAKELIGHTS!
Turn lights!
All parking lights!
Turn signals and console lights going...

NO HEADLIGHTS!!!!

I just looked again at your schematic... is it possible for the dimmer switch (I believe there was a problem with it before paint/body work...) to disable the headlights if it is inop...

[ 05-04-2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: jethro ]

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
jethro check the connection on the hibeam floor switch. that connector gets bumped alot and things go wacky with it not working right.
make sure the screw holding it to the floor is solid and the tabs clean that the connector plugs into.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Click, thanks... I've run out of time though tonight... on a four day trip... will try that on Sat. and let you know... intuitively I think you are on to something.

Nice ride, btw...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Click THANKS... that did it.... LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts