Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my headlights on with the switch on, there is about a thirty second delay until they open. I can hear number one relay popping and the double brown wires in relay three get quite hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 1967 camaro hide away headlights

Far western Kentucky near a small rural town named Clinton. Most people have never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

You may want to replace the relays that are under the fender, there are 3 of them,
or you should check to make sure the headlight move freely, assuming these are originals?

Jeff G.
69 Vert
68 Vert
71 Chevelle

·
Registered
139 Posts

Far western Kentucky near a small rural town named Clinton. Most people have never heard of it.
If closer I would have come by to help trouble shoot the issue, so you are near my old hunding grounds, I used to hunt about 10 miles south west of Murray, not far from Fancy Farms, I think it is called. Good Luck I'm sure someone here has the answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I graduated from Murray State in 1974, and Fancy Farm is about 20 miles from my house.
Where are you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey, I noticed that you are from Shelbyville. My wife lived in Shelbyville when we married at the Presbyterian church, and the reception was at Science Hill Inn. She lived on Main Street on as you come into town. The house was on the right side of the street two houses up from the electric company office and diagonal from a service station that was on the corner. My cousin and her husband lived in Shelbyville for thirty years, Lauren and Sara Shupe.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Here is the website to look at: http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/ go to 1967-69 rs console gauge & headlight wiring diagrams. Open up the pdf file and look at the trouble shooting section. Cleaning the teriminals and grounds would be a good start, then replace the relays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts