Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if sbc frame mounts will work with bbc. I know everyone says to use bbc mounts, is that just with powersteering. Will bbc headers fit with sbc frame mounts. With the bbc mounts that offset tilt the motor to the pass. side how do you deal with the angle on the trans mount. I have 496ci 5speed richmond, modified 400 turbo crossmember.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know for sure if sbc frame mounts will work with bbc. I know everyone says to use bbc mounts, is that just with powersteering. Will bbc headers fit with sbc frame mounts. With the bbc mounts that offset tilt the motor to the pass. side how do you deal with the angle on the trans mount. I have 496ci 5speed richmond, modified 400 turbo crossmember.
Im no expert, but I run supercomps full length header with the correct mounts and the header was right on the steering box. Those headers almost made me lose my sanity during the install. I couldnt see them fitting with small block mounts without a special header.

You will need a cross member for a big block for the tranny.

dj

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I ran a BB with exhaust manifolds on SB frame mounts for years. The manifolds rubbed the power steering box ever so slightly. Manual boxes are smaller, but I'd think headers would still be a real pain. I came across this on eBay tonight. Might be worth checking out if you've got the $$. The kit is for a '69, but he may have kits for a '68 as well or the '69 kit may work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Camaro-396-427-ZL-1-Engine-Installation-Kit-115_W0QQitemZ230260637852QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. just tried big block mounts on the subframe and soild motor mounts only one bolt will go in. Got to love that bbc power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts