Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very peculiar problem.

I can hear the tyres screeching on some asphalt(on highway) while it does not screech on tiles or some other concrete(city roads).

I have also tried speeding in the city to see if speed is responsible for sound. The car makes no sound in the city irrespective of speed.:thumbsup:

The Car has lost a lot of Ride Height by itlself. It is very low and touching the road many times.:sad:

The Front Left tyre seems to be a little more out than the Right Tyre when standing straight.

Some advice please.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Some tires are more prone to screeching that others. I had a set of good year tires on my pickup years ago that would always screech. Replaced those with some michelins and no screeching.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some tires are more prone to screeching that others.
Maybe that should say "Some guys ar more prone to screeching than others" JK
Is it possible the tires are rubbing on the inner fender well? had that happen, was fine in town but once up to 50+ MPH smallest bump would make them rub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Tyres are the same that I am using for sometime now. The Tyres are ok and are not worn improperly.

I went to the Alignment Shop two months back and he said that if I do not feel that the steering is tilting to one side then alignment is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts