Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace my complete wiring harness. Would you recommend I go with the American Auto Wire harness or the Painless harness?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If I was going to replace my harness I would use American Autowire Classic Update. I had the 18 circuit Painless harness around 17 years ago and it was a pain to install. The fuse panel is larger than the original so you have to drill new holes. I don't know about now but back then there were too many wires that I had to terminate.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
Is your car all stock or modified? With the 67 and the AAW classic update harness you will have to enlarge the fuse opening slightly. Even so, I installed one of the AAW CU kits last year and love it. It will take longer to install but you have so much flexibility with it. Be sure to either buy or rent the crimpers (a must). I bought a used set off of Ebay for half the price to rent them. The AAW kit comes with EVERYTHING, I believe the painless one requires you to re-use some old connectors. AAW tech help is outstanding!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
AAW hands down. I have the update series in my hot rod and the restoration harnesses in my Vert. Purchased a Painless kit and sold it to buy the update series.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will be buying the American auto wire one then. From what I had been reading it seemed like my best option but wanted to see what others have experienced.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah the Factory Fit line is the best OEM style replacement out there. Plug and play 99% of the time, and their customer service is top shelf. And as stated if your looking to update to blade fuse the Classic Update line is great. And if you have a resto-mod and want a custom call and order what you need and want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts