Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
It's been on eBay and went as high as $19k if I remember correctly but reserve not met. Nice "period piece" but takes a special kind of buyer I think.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think 19K would be a fair price. As Tom said, it will take a certain buyer. A small market of buyers at that... Interesting though.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I remember stuff like this at the car shows and magazines in the 70's and 80's. It was tough to get too excited about it then. But now, looking back, it was a terrible mistake. Of course, how many people foresaw the prices of these cars increasing like they did.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I remember stuff like this at the car shows and magazines in the 70's and 80's. It was tough to get too excited about it then. But now, looking back, it was a terrible mistake. Of course, how many people foresaw the prices of these cars increasing like they did.
When I was 13 years old back in the late 70's, I thought something like this was the coolest thing since ice cream sandwiches. Not, not so much. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
I still have an appreciation for cars like this. But I don't think I would ever purchase one unless I suddenly won the lottery. Then I'd probably buy a bunch of them and preserve them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think it's pretty cool. loved the wheel well flares when I was younger. would love to have that blower motor right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
An old friend of mine and his dad built the car years ago but sadly neither are with us any more.
The ad is somewhat misleading in that it HAS been on the radar as he took the car out in 2012 a few times. Him and I, as well as others went to all kinds of shows locally and the car while an old build, it is showing some age that is not reflected in the pictures posted so far.
The ad also states that it hasn't been on the market since new but like I said it was built by a friend and he passed and then his wife then sold it early this year after his passing in early 2013.
I know when the builder passed, I looked at the car as no one knew how to open the trunk or the doors and sadly it had a ventilated block from throwing either a rod or piston. The battery is in the trunk and while there may be a mechanical release, that information, as well as a lot of other stuff died with the builder. The car does have shaved door handles but it does have mechanical linkage to open them.
I overheard talk when the car was at a local show this spring and while he said he only had to replace a piston/rod assembly and put on a new pan it seemed like it needed more than that and I have to wonder if the rest of the motor is still solid.
While anyone should never buy a car unseen, this one needs to be looked at in person as a lot of things are not shown in photo's.
Anyway, hopefully it gets sold and issues fixed on it. I'm just the kind of person that likes the custom aspect of car building.
Jim

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3845/18850889221_c885e3ea18_z.jpg

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm a "customs" fan too, but, that' a bit over the top for me. As you can see, I had a mild custom '62 Vette years ago. You could look at it from a distance and still tell it was a Vette. That Camaro at a glance takes a second look to figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts