Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out if these are original. I am not sure how to tell? I was going to rust bullet them. Any thoughts?
[

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
without seeing it in person it looks like this car has never been cut on...gotta say original or a really good job of replacement

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It looks like the front section had been replaced. The drain hole punch out looks like it is not there, only formed in and not cutout like the factory had them cut out.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the initial feedback. I am tempted to Rust bullet the pans. In the originality of the car I was not sure to do it. I only have the surface rust in the front. So perhaps i will coat them if they are not ALL original. Plus it would make me feel better.:D

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Rust bullet is good stuff. I used it. Only thing I hated was it was silver. In your case it wont be seen. They do have a new black bullet type of topcoat to use over the Rustbullet if you dont want the silver.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I'm with Mat; that front passenger side has been replaced with a U.S. made replacement. The pans made here have the drain hole stamped but not cut out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts