Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that 3.5 percent where tahoe turquoise, but how many of those where 327 4 speeds with the T20, I bought it in Dec. of 1966, and I'd like to know how many of us are out there. original paper work means nothing if the names dont match the title

·
Premium Member
19,880 Posts
J, I can't answer your production numbers but I would sure like to see your car in the Original Owners thread.
We would love to hear your story and see some vintage pictures of your car when you was driving it, back in the day. We would also like to see some pictures of your car today. There are very few original, first generation, owners out there, it's great to see one more.

Roger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J, I can't answer your production numbers but I would sure like to see your car in the Original Owners thread.
We would love to hear your story and see some vintage pictures of your car when you was driving it, back in the day. We would also like to see some pictures of your car today. There are very few original, first generation, owners out there, it's great to see one more.

Roger
Roger, It will take some time to dig out the oldies, when the car was new, but this pic is 17 years old. Not much has changed, it is well cared for. The wheels I bought from an old guy you might remeber, Rodger Fenten, after the movie "Bullet" I had to have them. I saved every stock part I replaced, and stored it away including the wheels and hubcaps. The exact same model and color will be at the Mercum auction next week, I'll be there. I think original owner vehicles will be the fastest appreciating market.
img003.jpg
img003.jpg

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Not sure if you're just looking for original owners of cars the same as yours, but I bought my '67 RS/SS 350 new when I was 19. It's a November '66 car and was Bolero Red with Parchment interior. Muscle Car magazine did a 7 page feature on it in October 2020 and I started disassembling it right after for a full frame off restoration. Here's a couple photos of it along the way. The photo of it at the Drag Strip was during the first week I owned it. I had it painted Verdoro Green in late '67 after it was hit in the rear while parked. I had it painted Ermine White about 35 years ago, not sure what colour it will be after the restoration. I was never a fan of the red. The interior is original. It has 80,000 miles on it now. Sorry for the multiple copies of photos, I'm not sure how I did it, or how to delete the duplicates/triplicates.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Bill, which white is your interior redone in?

·
Premium Member
19,880 Posts
Not sure if you're just looking for original owners of cars the same as yours, but I bought my '67 RS/SS 350 new when I was 19. It's a November '66 car and was Bolero Red with Parchment interior. Muscle Car magazine did a 7 page feature on it in October 2020 and I started disassembling it right after for a full frame off restoration. Here's a couple photos of it along the way. The photo of it at the Drag Strip was during the first week I owned it. I had it painted Verdoro Green in late '67 after it was hit in the rear while parked. I had it painted Ermine White about 35 years ago, not sure what colour it will be after the restoration. I was never a fan of the red. The interior is original. It has 80,000 miles on it now. Sorry for the multiple copies of photos, I'm not sure how I did it, or how to delete the duplicates/triplicates.
Bill could you copy and paste this post to the Original Owners thread. I notice you already have your car there, but adding this story and pictures would make a great addition.

Roger

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Bill could you copy and paste this post to the Original Owners thread. I notice you already have your car there, but adding this story and pictures would make a great addition.

Roger
Not sure how to do that Roger.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,806 Posts
Not sure how to do that Roger.
Bill, what you do is click on the link here; "Original Owners" then add a post at the end similar to what you did in this thread. It is more or less a place to document the original owners. If your not sure how to copy & paste, we can try to do that as I would hate that you would have to re-type all that again, haha.You see, I was able to copy everything, and I could have pasted it into the Original Owners thread, but it would have shown that it was me that posted it all, not you. Let us know if you are not sure how to copy and paste and we'll see if we can get a moderator to move it over there.
Brett...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the pictures, dont know what to say about the restoration, you have to do what you like. when I did mine I was lucky, I got to use all the sheet metal, I've got 109,000 on the clock with one rebuild, I will always hang on to the block, even if I have to slieve it. I will go to Kissimmee for the auction to watch the 67 sell, lot F166 I have a 32 Buick I like to sell but I missed the market, most guys that want that are gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts