Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, does anyone have a pic of a 1967 original power steering rag joint. I am looking for pics of both sides. Thx Tom

Reactions: rgwiz

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hopefully these help. I am fairly certain the ragjoint was original before I swapped my steering gear. I can get some more detailed pics tomorrow if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Hi Tom and Mike,

I'm currently in the process of final adjustments to my 68's manual to power swap. I'm using a 3.5 turn 67 gear box. I change the rag joint inner rubber using one of the typical repops available. I'm not happy with it since it's all rubber without the fiber reinforcement and the holes are too small. The supplied hardware is made in China junk.

Mike, looking at your pics I notice a locking bolt at the base of the steering column and another on the rag joint coupling. Is that normal for 67's? (w/ps) My 68 manual column doesn't have the locking bolt at the base of the column, only the one on the rag joint collar.

Ok, just checked FAQ's and found out big block cars have the double locking bolt, small block has welded flange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts