Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 RS and just installed a relay kit that is supposed to brighten the stock halogen headlights. The set up only uses one of the headlight pigtails much like an HID setup. Unfortunately the way that this wires up does not complete the circuit since the other factory headlight pigtail is not plugged into anything. The headlight doors will not close as a result of this incomplete circuit. Does anyone have an idea as to how to close the circuit by plugging something safe into the unused pigtail?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Your question is answered in the electrical forum with the standard home-grown solution in the sticky for 67RS and aftermarket relay harnesses.

AAW is a great harness vendor but does not offer an after market relay harness for 67 RS's to the best of my knowledge. Many electrical shops do have a special setup for 67RS but it sounds like you purchased one for a 67 non RS, or one designed for 68, 69's where RS and standard use the same relay setups.

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1967 ss/rs 350 when I open and close my headlights they make a screeching sound. what is causing this to happen. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 1967 ss/rs 350 when I open and close my headlights they make a screeching sound. what is causing this to happen. thanks
Hey Tony,
I didn't know if you had an answer yet. But, usually when the doors start to screech you need to look at replacing your bushings and bolts at the pivot points.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 67 RS and just installed a relay kit that is supposed to brighten the stock halogen headlights. The set up only uses one of the headlight pigtails much like an HID setup. Unfortunately the way that this wires up does not complete the circuit since the other factory headlight pigtail is not plugged into anything. The headlight doors will not close as a result of this incomplete circuit. Does anyone have an idea as to how to close the circuit by plugging something safe into the unused pigtail?
Hey Rodney,
I didn't know if you got a good response to this. However, the 67 RS Camaro has a ground which runs through the filament of the old style headlight bulbs. So, if the old headlight bulbs ever burned out, the RS system would not work. You might try bridging that connection to complete the ground. Hope this helps.

·
10,153 Posts
Give the motor shaft a shot of spray lube now & then or the shaft will rust to the bronze bushing. That’s likely the source of the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts