Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell what fan i need for my 67 rs/ss 350. The car doesn't have A/C, it looks to me i would need a 4 blade fan but im not sure.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Mine had a clutch fan system on it and I want to say, a 5-blade(??) that was off-spaced?? It sure wasn't a 4-blade!

I've read articles that say that a stock clutch fan is VERY good!

Try some of the e-cats and see which one it takes..

pdq67

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Im not sure what you "need" but my (manual trans MS) L48 has a 4 blade clutchless fan from the factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For what its worth, my stock 68 RS 327 manual 4spd with A/C has a 7 bladed clutch fan unit. They added the clutch fans for A/C cars. My 68 RS/SS 350 with manual 4spd in high school in 1971 had a 4 bladed metal fan with no clutch. At least thats what I remember...:yes:

·
Premium Member
19,640 Posts
My 67 SS/RS w/350 and powerglide has a four blade fan w/no clutch. But doesn't the water pump dictate what fan you can use. There are long and short snout pumps. My car has a long snout pump with a four blade fan.

Roger

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
No, '67 and '68 cars ALL came w/ short water pumps. '69 and later ALL came w/ long water pumps.

This is b/c the alt. was on the drivers side in the '67/'68 cars and on the pass. side in the '69 and later cars.

pdq67

1 - 8 of 8 Posts