Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know correct mirror for 67? I did some searching and some sorces say the round side view mirror should have a bowtie and some say it should not. This is for 1967 Camaro Norwood June build.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 67 year is the only one the have round side view mirror with a bowtie

------------------
68 RS ORIGINAL 327,350 trans.4 BARREL 650 CFM EDELBROCK,
HEADERS,2CHAMBERS FLOW MASTERS,3" PIPE.
12 BOLT REAR END 331 GEARS

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have never seen an original with the bowtie, I vote no bowtie but I like the bowtie one better

------------------
Lets talk 67 PaceCar specifics!Looking to compare Festival POP's

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine is also a June build and it didn't have the bow tie. Is yours an SS? Mine is a SS-350 but it had the 396 plain "SS" for the gas cap. The front grille SS was long gone when I got it 22 years ago. I heard that they ran out of the SS 350's during late poduction and started using the 396 versions. Does anyone know if this is true for the grille or was it only the gas cap?

John

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John, from what I have read, the early SS 350 cars had the SS350 emblem but this was discontinued when the SS 396 was released. There was no SS 396 emblem and at some time during the year the SS350 just got the SS emblem without the "350". A June car is very late so may just have the SS emblem with no engine size. Mine began life as a L78.

[This message has been edited by JOE58 (edited 06-24-2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts