Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my father just bought a 1967 Camaro RS Convertible. The car is in very nice shape and hasn't been on the road much at all in the past 15 years. A guy purchased it out of South Carolina, drove it for a year or so in the late 80's, got too fat to drive it and left it parked. He has quite a few old cars so he decided to sell a few. He never did anything to this one, this is how it was when he got it. My dad just got it home today and send me some photos.

What I can tell is it was an original Butternut Yellow car with a black convertible top and a Yellow Interior.

My questions, the car had an original Yellow interior, but no one seems to be reproducing this, is that true? Secondly, does anyone have any pictures of a 1967 Yellow Deluxe Interior? Also, with the deluxe interior the car got the deluxe steering walnut wood steering wheel (which the car has), but what center horn button did it get with the RS package? This car's interior has been changed out to white.

I checked my parts books and it lists a different horn button for the standard interior with the RS package. This is what my father has on his 1968. I know that that looks like, but this car has the custom interior and the walnut wood wheel. In my parts book, it only lists one center for this wheel. My parts book is circa 1976, so if there was another center availible, it may have been discountinued by 1976.

Here are Some Pictures

Anyone with any pics or information on Yellow interiors, that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have decoded it myself, I know it's supposed to be a yellow interior car. I have all intentions of turning the numbers into CRG, however I want to verify the VIN first.

Pictures of the Trim Tag can be seen in the above referenced link.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Last year at the WWC show in Orlando I saw a Y-2 707 camaro convertible and talk to owner about his car, being the first one I had seened. He told me that he had to dye the white seat covers because he could not get them. He also told me he had talk to some of people from Chevy about the interior color and that was how they did it. The Walnut wheel was not part of the Deluxe package and that horn button look's after market to me, it look's like the one that most of the after market guy's sell. The car that I looked at had gold carbet with gold interior color except for the seats. It was a great looking car and I would check in the tag team section or restorer section and get more info. Good luck Jerry

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's it, I want to verfy the VIN, the picture I got is a little blurry and then I was going to post in Tag Team and give all the info over the Kurt and the guys.

So, is this a rare interior combination, I can only ever remember seeing one and that was at the Camaro Nationals in Carlisle last year, but unfortantely I didn't take a picture. I would love to see a picture of this interior.

Also, do others feel that that horn and or steering wheel is incorrect? It's been on the car since at least the late 80s and it's in excellent shape. Anyone have any photos of the correct steering wheel and horn button if this one isn't correct?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Originally posted by elcamino72:
Also, do others feel that that horn and or steering wheel is incorrect? It's been on the car since at least the late 80s and it's in excellent shape. Anyone have any photos of the correct steering wheel and horn button if this one isn't correct?
All RPO-N34 'Wood Grained' steering wheels used the same Horn Button - same as the one shown in your pictures.
I have a 1968 with RPO-N33 (tilt) & N34 (wood)with the same buttom - no badging for the SS option.

hope this helps;

John

ps: Butternut Yellow with a Yellow interior - now that's a pretty car (IMHO) and I would consider it a rare option...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Bryan,
I missed this for awhile. I don't normally go into this section. Anyway I will e-mail you a picture of the 707 interior. Looks like your fathers car has had the seat covers and carpet replaced.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Volocars.com had a double butternut yellow 67 SS convertible for sale for some time, but it must've sold, because its no longer on the website. It had the yellow deluxe interior with headrests.

You're correct, I'm not aware of anyone that makes them in reproduction.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Daniel, I'll be awaiting that email.

So what exactly was yellow in the interior and what was painted yellow? Was the metal dash and pad yellow? Were the door paneks, kick panels and rear panels yellow? Was the carpeting yellow? What about the console?

I would imagine the picture will clarify some of this however any other information or input would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts