Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
This is my first post since joining and I've searched the other posts without success. I have a 396 V8 in my 68 Camaro and it came with 4 AutoMeter Console gauges (all electric). The oil pressure sending unit failed (aftermarket type) so I went to my Chevy dealer to get an original AC Delco unit. The first one they sold me was much larger than the second one they have now sold me. The first larger one made the Autometer gauge read backwards. When the key was turned 'on', the needle immediately pegged over to the right. The switch only has one blue wire so it can't be hooked up wrong. Now they have sold me a much smaller one (see my photobucket pics) and I'm concerned it is also wrong meaning it looks like it is meant for an idoit light instead of a gauge. Does anyone know which sending unit is correct? If neither of my pictures are correct, could you please e-mail me what the right one looks like? Thanks so very much. Something this simple turing into a nightmare. e-mail is [email protected].
http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac148/Bobac455/Oil Pressure Sending Unit/

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
There is no such thing as an original AC Delco unit for a 68 Camaro oil pressure gauge. Replace it with an Autometer unit to match your electric gauge.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chevrolet says there is such a unit and it is still made in America (not China like most of the aftermarket gauges). Supposedly made for 67 through 69 Camaro with console gauges. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts