Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone - my problem was with the travel of the pedal - when released hit my hand - I attached a photo of what the setup should look like - which is not my car, and the 2nd photo is of my car's pedal - I bought the car this way and do not know how this occurred - the pedal travels too far and hits my hand - clearly the pedal stop part if the bracket is twisted out and allows the pedal to travel too far - simple fix buy a new pedal assy - but I am concerned why it happened - any chance too much tension on the cable and how do you gauge that ? - Should you be able to pull the cable off the pedal assy by hand when it is in the relaxed position as in the 1st photo - just don't want to put a new pedal assembly on and it happens again - any help would be appreciated - Thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
11,156 Posts
I can only offer a little help here but it looks like you stop is broken? If so, another ebrake would fix that.

The under cable attachments play a part as to your pedal setting. Those would be your equalizer cable that runs from rear wheel sides.
You may have to adjust the rear brakes first to get a good feel of how the ebrake should release. Something tells me you have a lot of tension on the cables.

But question in my mind , how did that stop pad get broken? There is also supposed to be a rubber grommet on the tab to ease the slam of the pedal when the release is pulled.

Let's see what the other guys say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the opinions guys - I think I will follow your ideas - I'll get the new pedal assy - get the car on stands pull the rear wheels and drums and attempt a proper adjustment of cables releasing some of the tension hopefully - I was a little amazed also the rubber stop missing and the pedal forcing it's way past the shoulder that should stop the pedal - for now it actually works - I forgot all about that post in July - the story behind that was - this car was rotisserie restored in West Virginia, bought by a guy in Mass. That post was by my brother n law from Mass who saw the car at a show he was also at - sent me pictures of the car from the show - torturing me because he knew I was looking for a 68 Lemans Blue car - long story short 1 week later I owned and it was one of the quirky issues with the car -but not enough to stop me from buying it - it was my in brother n laws post - he has a 69 Lemans Blue car - not sure if you can see the car by clicking on my user name - but that's the car at the Jersey Shore - the engine was built by Foley Racing of Nascar fame in West Virginia - using the winter to take care of the quirky stuff - Thanks again for your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts