Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 camaro thats all original. I was just wondering would any one recomend changing out the original rear end for one with a posi.

·
19,844 Posts
You could always add a posi if you needed ? What are the plans for the car ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to keep it as original as posible. Do u think adding a posi would hurt the value of it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Find a 10 bolt 8.5 rear end from a 70's nova some had posi but if not you could get the posi carrier and gears from a second gen camaro/trans am. It is a bolt in setup. I just did it on my 68. Then you could keep your original 8.2. Theres an article in Chevy High Performance " Budget 10-bolt upgrade"

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a 1968 camaro thats all original. I was just wondering would any one recomend changing out the original rear end for one with a posi.
value is in the eye of the buyer. ive seen completely un-original cars sell for more then original ones. All depends on what the buyer is looking for.

My advice, Your car build it the way you want.

·
19,844 Posts
Adding a posi wouldn't be all that hard.
Now you want to keep it numbers matching ??? Is it just a cruiser ? Then the open rear would be fine IMO.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i plan on it being a daily driver. Are u saying keeping the numbers matching by like adding just a posi unit??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts