Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a 1967 to 1969 Camaro. It will be my first classic car. I don't want a race car, I don't want a convertible, I don't want a major project. I want something my son and I can cruise around, do a burnout or two, and go to car shows and cruise-ins with.

I have looked at about 15 cars at a couple of classic car dealers. They were $26k-$35k for shoddy paint and bodywork. There were a couple of nice ones, but they were $50k++

I found an individual that had restored custom 1968. It is black and the seams, paint, and panel fit look phenomenal. It was a 6-cylinder car from the factor, but now has a 350, aluminum intake, Edelbrock 4 barrel carb, Vintage air a/c (with modern knob controls), vintage style modern radio, carbon fiber instrument panel with autometer gauges, coilover front suspension, front disk brakes, p/s, p/b, dual exhaust (with electronic valves to bypass mufflers).

I have looked under the hood, in the trunk (no liner) under the rear, and under the middle and everything looked great. I went for a long ride with the seller driving and the car seemed to ride nice and sounded normal. The seller says that he personally replaced almost every panel on the car other than the rockers (which he said he drilled into and looked at using a fiber optic camera). I did not put the car on a lift, however.

The VIN comes back clean through a VIN search company. What else should I do to make sure I am not getting screwed somehow.

I really like the car. Does the fact that it was a 6-cylinder affect value?

Here is a link to the CL ad: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4815244247.html

The seller refused to accept a certified/teller's check and wants a large stack of bills. Any problems with that?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Nice car. I can't blame him for not wanting a certified check. Ask if you can wire the funds to his account. Certified checks can be forged. The car I think(opinion) is worth more the way it is then with the 6(just opinion). As far as the car goes it sounds like it is exactly what you want. The car will (opinion) hold it's value, which is the best part of owning a classic. Try buying a 32k new car and selling it for 32 in 10 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts