Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 68 rs and I need to plug the cluster back up....I can not fine a place to plug a harness???? Sorry guys but this is my first camaro and will need some help on some areas that are not complete...thanks for help or pics...mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find anything on the dash cluster and how it plugs up.....any help you have is greatly appreciated......mark

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you look at the photo I referenced above, you should see the rectangular area behind and slightly above the centerline of the speedo; the dash harness connector fits in that opening, and energizes the printed circuit board (PCB) to make the lights and the fuel gauge function.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the white block that I can't see real good what the it plugs in to? My cluster looks good but I think mine is missing the white block in the slot......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes........the back of my cluster looks like this but where the rectangular spot is mine is just open......so the connector plug on my wiring harness just plugs in this hole and not actually a another male plug? I am sorry to be so simple but I am not electrical minded...just trying to save money and do it myself....do you have a pic of the plug on my wiring harness.....mine looks like it plugs male to female?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine looks just like this........thanks for your help.......do I have to drop the colum to get the cluster back in? Again.......thanks for your help.....I will try it this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Yes, you will have to drop the column about 2-3". Usually just the 3 nuts under the dash have to be loosened or removed to drop it that much. Don't force it down any more than you have to, you can damage the rag joint if you do.

Plug is shown in the bottom right of this pic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for your help........I think I had been looking at the wrong plug on my harness....I find the correct plug and I bet it will work.......thanks again....these forums are great for ametaurs like myself...............

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey.....when I found the correct plug in the harness it worked great........thanks for the help............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts