Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Texas!
Ahh the story behind this car, my dad purchased it in '99 about an hour out of San Antonio. It was driven until one day they parked it at my grandmother's house, I still remember staring in awe at it when I was 5 years old and it was just sitting outside. Ten years pass by and my dad takes it out to Austin to a friend's shop and starts gutting it, things don't end up working out and back into the prison system he goes. Three years later, the shop owner gets evicted and landlord tries selling our cars we had there. So now that leaves me: a 21 year old college student who's an amateur when it comes to cars.

- Here it is when it arrived back at home (that '67 Chevelle in the back is next):

- Since then, I've installed Dynamat throughout the whole inside + trunk, plus a little Dynaliner here and there:

- Ordered the Stage IV Pro-Touring Kit from CPP, just waiting on a little guidance from my grandpa

Just thought I'd start a build thread to keep track and possibly keep me motivated to keep on working on the car. :grin2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's been a minute but the front brakes finally got put on. All that's left in the front is the sway bar. Onto the rear!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice!

Just take it one thing at a time. And no offense, but if you put all of this time and $$ into it, make sure your grandpa gets the car into your name...
Building a car teaches life lessons, if you ask me. Enjoy it. It shouldn't be a burden.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!

Just take it one thing at a time. And no offense, but if you put all of this time and $$ into it, make sure your grandpa gets the car into your name...
Building a car teaches life lessons, if you ask me. Enjoy it. It shouldn't be a burden.
Already in my name! :smile2: It's slow progress but we're slowly getting it done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the front sway bar, now onto the rear end for new shocks, leaf springs and 12" disc brakes. Texas weather is looking a little indecisive so looks like we're going to have to hold off until later on this week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We finally have a motor for the car. We decided to remove a 350 from a 66' pickup my dad had sitting around. Came with Brodix headers and intake + holley carb. We're going to give it a new look by giving it a new color.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Don't run that glass filter, they crack and pour gas all over(ask me how I know). I was told this at a show and sure enough shortly after it cracked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tiny update! After all the trouble we were having with the fitment of some Foose Nitrous wheels and the wheel studs not being long enough, the front wheels are finally on. One step closer to removing the jack stand set up of death we currently have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts