Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you think this is worth?

1968 Vert SS/RS all original. This car was supposedly ordered with a 327. Muncie 4 speed. 43k miles. completed restored to original. New everything including paint job. Red with red interior. new white top. 18k spent to fresh it up. No POP and minimal paper work. Current owner has had the car for 30 years. Would you guess 30-40k? Thoughts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too, but the current owner of 30 years swears it is a SS. He stated it was a SS/RS special ordered with the 327ci/275HP. It has a "Bumble-Bee" stripe. I'll try to get a picture of the trim tag. Probably a L30/M20?
Little confused as to how it could be an SS car if it came with a 327.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What they said. SS is never 327. 327 is never muncie trans.

Are there any vin's on any of this hardware?

Still a nice car and worth at least $30k.
He said it was a 4 speed, I put on the muncie. Is there any way at all that a car SS car could be special ordered with a L30 (327) or the L30/M20 could be ordered in a fashion that might get SS badging?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I really don't think so, I suppose it could be possible thru "fleet" (copo) ordering, but no one has ever posted about such a thing in this context.

SS350 was a single checkbox on the option list.

Checking both L30 327-275 4bbl & M20 4 speed transmission triggered the installation of most of the upgraded mechanicals that were also used on the SS350, but did NOT get you the badging or the SS hood. Also this combo got a saginaw iron 4 speed, not an alluminum muncie.

The bumblebee stripe could be ordered separately on any camaro.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Back in those days a dealership would do anything to sell a car. Could have been a RS and the owner wanted SS trim along with it. It could even have been a factory 350 or even a Big Block in that car which was changed out to make a sale.

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll get some more information from this guy. He is getting ready to sell it and I wanted to make sure he didn't misrepresent the car. :noway:

Back in those days a dealership would do anything to sell a car. Could have been a RS and the owner wanted SS trim along with it. It could even have been a factory 350 or even a Big Block in that car which was changed out to make a sale.

Kev

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The key would be if the right vin is on either the engine
(would make it a 327 car with SS badging and hood added later) or trans (would be an SS350 with a NOM 327) also 10 or 12 bolt rear, and code on axle tube would be interesting to know. SS's and 4 speed 327's should have a 12 bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a 327, 4 speed, 12bolt and 4 wheel drums...
The key would be if the right vin is on either the engine
(would make it a 327 car with SS badging and hood added later) or trans (would be an SS350 with a NOM 327) also 10 or 12 bolt rear, and code on axle tube would be interesting to know. SS's and 4 speed 327's should have a 12 bolt.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You need to do your homework on the interior and exterior trim. I would say;
Muncie
Drum fronts
Non-SS

Might be and RS that someone put a few SS emblems on. for starters anyway!!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I misspoke on the muncie, and it should be a Saginaw 4 speed. I think the car is a L30/M20... I'll try to see why it has the SS badging... more to come.
You need to do your homework on the interior and exterior trim. I would say;
Muncie
Drum fronts
Non-SS

Might be and RS that someone put a few SS emblems on. for starters anyway!!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
30 k

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.