Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help appreciated as to whether a 68 camaro ss/rs with rear spoiler still has the deck lid emblem mounted above the spoiler.Purchased templates and they have it for both spoiler and non spoiler.I am getting conflicting infomation.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Good luck with this one, I've heard it both ways and seen it both ways. I have a 77,000 mile 68 SS that someone added a spoiler to when they repainted it, wish they hadn't added the spoiler. It had an emblem removed to add the spoiler. The trunk lid has provisions for emblems with or without a spoiler, cutouts in the inner sheet metal that align with the emblem posts. I put the emblem back on in the upper location just above the spoiler, I like it with the emblem.

A co-worker has a 48,000 all original, unrestored base car with a spoiler and original laquer Corvette Bronze paint. I found it with him and gave him first crack at purchasing it, dumb move on my part but I'd just picked up a 68 RS 3 months prior. I'll look at his car and see what his trunk lid has.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 68 which has a owner added spoiler and the existing deck lid has provisions to (cut outs) allow for addition of the emblem above the spoiler location. I like the clean look w/o the emblem. - Just an opinion.

I have not seen this topic much. I looked in the Factory Assembly Instructions Manual for the following:
D80 option: It is listed in the index but No sheets in the body of the manual.
Sheet metal instructions: Not much detail on the trunk lid (Emblem) placement. Could this be a matter of assy responsibility i.e. Does the Car come from the Fisher side with the back end components installed already? Thus no instructions found in the AIM. (Others know much more about this than I).

Z28 B2 Sheet 445 has a view of the rear of a Zee with and With out Rear spoiler (For Paint layout) and they show one view (VIEW C) with a spoiler and the relocated emblem above the spoiler.

My conclusion would be Factory Spoiler would relocate the emblem, but I can imagine CRG or others might even have change over dates and such as these topics seem to be subject to the ALWAYS & NEVER rules.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts