Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on an aluminium high rise manifold from a 1969/ 70 Z. I was wondering if I can use my Quadrajet carb on it?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PD. Why not use the adaptor?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
It's not optimal flow, it raise's the carb about 5/8" to 3/4" higher and it doesn't look pretty.

Other than these three points, it's fine to use by me.

pdq67

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good enough reasons for me! Thanks again. I guess I will go the easy route and get a manifold I can use with my carb. I still might buy it if I can get it for a low ball offer.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it b/c a good old Holley 300-36 is right in there and you won't be paying any sort of GM Z-28 PN increase in price, imho.

pdq67

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PD as usual I am going to call on your expertise on the 300-36. What is the complete part number I am looking for. I have been lurking on ebay and there are several. One is a current model 300-36c with an everbright finish. I guess that is the polished and I don't want that one. Another is 701-r-36 300-36. I am asuming that is the one I should be looking for? The only thing that throws me is there is only one set of bolt holes. Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Heck, a 300-36 is just that as far as I recall.

Unless Holley made one w/ the different angled four centered bolts?

Got a new one in it's box in my bedroom closet so may have to pull it out and look?

pdq67

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks PD. I am a newbie to carb switching etc. All my previous cars were Zs and that is pretty much straight forward holley 4053. I have had several DZ carbs.
I found out that my Quad is from a 72 Camaro 350/175 application, Would that be a dog on a warmed up 327?

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Brian, does the manifold have the winters "snow flake" logo on it? I am looking at the same thing for my '69. earlier this morning, I came across a good site regarding the Winter's high rise manifold and proper Holly carb for the set up; and listed the part numbers which should be stamped. I'll find that site again and post later today when I'm on a different computer. What kind of cost are you looking at if you don't mind??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts