Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with installing a center console on my 69 Camaro. I removed the front rug but there is no marking on the floor as to where to mount the console. can someone give me some help as to where to mount it?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was looking for when I removed the rug those marking are not there, the floor was replaced but those dimples are not there

·
Registered
712 Posts
I had the same issue a few years back. I simply mounted the braces to the console and placed it on the floor....marked it where I thought looked correct (I've owned many 68-69 Camaros so I knew about where). If you are using gauges, make sure you keep it forward enough for the wiring harness to reach the gauges. I am pretty sure the rear courtesy light is seperate from the harness so you don't have to worry about that one. If your car is a 4 speed, make sure reverse and 4th clear the shifter cover plate.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As mentioned, my 69 is a 4 speed, so I just mocked it up with the brackets in place. Made sure the shifter had full range of motion in all directions, marked it, and drilled the holes. Pretty straight forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts