Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy some legit dark green seats and interior. This set has all the seats, headrests, dash and door panels, right down to the original paper "insulation" that was put in the car. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say that these seats are impeccable. Not one rip, tear, crack or other blemish. They are pristine! The owner took great care in making sure that the seats never had any damage. I'm looking to purchase these to put in my car and I have no idea what to pay for them. They are ORIGINAL and perfect. Because of the color and the condition they are in, the seller wants top dollar, but I don't really know what they're worth or what I should pay. The guy seems to know his stuff and states that he CAN get top dollar for them. I've heard stories of people paying thousands of dollars (which I'm willing to do if necessary) just to get original pristine interior especially in these "different" colors. Is there anyone out there that can help?

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
I have an opportunity to buy some legit dark green seats and interior. This set has all the seats, headrests, dash and door panels, right down to the original paper "insulation" that was put in the car. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say that these seats are impeccable. Not one rip, tear, crack or other blemish. They are pristine! The owner took great care in making sure that the seats never had any damage. I'm looking to purchase these to put in my car and I have no idea what to pay for them. They are ORIGINAL and perfect. Because of the color and the condition they are in, the seller wants top dollar, but I don't really know what they're worth or what I should pay. The guy seems to know his stuff and states that he CAN get top dollar for them. I've heard stories of people paying thousands of dollars (which I'm willing to do if necessary) just to get original pristine interior especially in these "different" colors. Is there anyone out there that can help?
If interested, I have the standard dark green repop from PUI that I pulled out to install TMI sport seats. They are about 10 years old and you will be needing new buns, I do have the orginals but they are just too old. Just in case you don't want to pay top dollar. I will not be putting these back. I did the 2500 mile test during the 2013 Powertour and they were very comfortable.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You need to remember even though the repro. interiors are starting to get a little better than they were,nothing is as good as original, period.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay,
Thanks for the input. I'm really stoked about these seats, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna want more than $2K for them. I've looked around at other interiors of this quality and they're selling for over $3K in most cases. I don't want to lose this opportunity by low-balling him too much. I'm a sucker for original and that sometimes clouds my thinking.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Okay,
Thanks for the input. I'm really stoked about these seats, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna want more than $2K for them. I've looked around at other interiors of this quality and they're selling for over $3K in most cases. I don't want to lose this opportunity by low-balling him too much. I'm a sucker for original and that sometimes clouds my thinking.
OUCH not a popular color (not many like the dark green but I do) I was thinking 1500 but if they are that nice.. they do not grow on trees anymore. shame somebody must hate the color or is going P/T restomod if its a P/T thats in phx area I may know the car they are out of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try $2300. It's a bit under his price, but I feel that it's worth it. Thanks again for all the opinions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There was a guy in FL that had a complete original/pristine midnight green interior out of a 69. From all the photo's I saw of it, it was perfect. He wanted $6500 for it last summer. My car is an original 723 code interior, but had been switched to black at some time. I put it back to the original trim tag color during it's restoration, but didn't buy this as I felt it was way out of line. I settled for a complete Legendary interior. Good luck. My guess is your gonna have to pay much more the $2300.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was a guy in FL that had a complete original/pristine midnight green interior out of a 69. From all the photo's I saw of it, it was perfect. He wanted $6500 for it last summer. My car is an original 723 code interior, but had been switched to black at some time. I put it back to the original trim tag color during it's restoration, but didn't buy this as I felt it was way out of line. I settled for a complete Legendary interior. Good luck. My guess is your gonna have to pay much more the $2300.

WOW! I had no idea that I would be looking at that amount. I think I'll still have to do some homework before I buy the interior then. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have the photos of the $6500 seats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my original '69 Midnight Green Deluxe interior [not for sale], but this is what it looks like. :thumbsup:

That is a sweet set up! The seats/interior that I'm looking at are in that nice of shape. The seller will probably laugh in my face @ $2300. I'll keep doing some research (and working some OT). :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts