Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 69 Camaro (396, set up for AC but not installed) I just bought and the fuse box labels are worn off ; it has 2 vertical banks of fuses, 5 on the right, 3 on the left, one small fuse at the bottom center, with 3 connectors running down the middle (vertically) and one on the bottom left. I need to install a new stereo but it is hard to determine where the accessory and hot leads are. Anyone have any ideas?? I would be thankful for any help.

Bill

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it - That is perfect, thanks so much! Now to figure out why the heater fan and emergency flasher do not work; 99% of the time its the flasher unit, replaced it, still doesn't work. Again, I appreciate the photo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
check ot see if you have power to the fan switch or to the motor itself ,the orange wire is the wire to the motor, first of all make sure you have power at the fuse, as far as the mergy not working same idea, check fuse first.then power at flasher the one in the fuse box.any other questions ask

Attachments

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
There are two flasher units in a 69; the one on the fuse box, and one up under the center of the dash, mounted in a clip on the metal brace between the radio and ashtray. The flasher relay in the fuse box is for the hazard flashers, the one on the underdash brace for the turn signals. I have been staring at the AIM circuit diagrams, and I can't remember if one affects the other. You could also have gotten a defective flasher relay, or have a ground issue.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7517683_test-flasher-relay.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I fixed the flashers after realizing that the fuse box was missing the flasher unit $6 and it was a done deal; now the turn signals and emergency flashers work, but the indicators in the dash do not. I will tackle the heater blower tomorrow...I hate electrical problems!!

I do appreciate your suggestions though, my experience with Camaros is very limited, had a 66 Chevelle before and there are big differences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric - I was just looking at the wiring diagrams and it looks like the turn signal is independent from the ermergency flasher (tracing the lines); I have a really dumb question though, on the diagram it shows two view "A's" on the left side of the page; the upper one is labeled "Fuse Panel" (assuming its the back side of the fuse box) and the lower is labeled "BHD Conn", I dont know what that is, or where it is, thoughts??

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Bulkhead Connection

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
You can buy a replacement fuse box without the harness at Lectric Limited. It a custom order so it takes a few weeks.

Or you can buy a silk screen repair kit. You use thinner to remove all the existing labels, apply the screen, spray, dry remove. Think a corvette place still sells them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts