Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions concerning 1969 Z28's P/S. First, couldn't you get P/S on 1969 Z28's from the factory, and second did any 1969 Camaro come from the factory with the close ratio P/S? Thanks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rpo N44 (quick ratio steering) was included with Z28 option or when power steering was ordered with the SS option. Taken from The Camaro White Book.

...Ron

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I think P/S was not standard with Z/28, at least in 69. I have a friend who bought an all original 69 Z with manual steering.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My uncle's 69 Z (that I hope to someday own) came orriginally with a close ratio manual box. He and my dad later swaped out for a grocery getter P/S box out of a 67.

------------------
Joel
1969 Z28
LeMans Blue-White Stripes
#'s matching, P-O-P

·
10,147 Posts
PS was not standard but was an option.
Z/28's got faster ratios than normal when N44 fast ratio was ordered.
69 was the first year for variable ratio PS boxes.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got my quick ratio p/s unit installed this afternoon on my '69 Z28. I just wanted to thank each and everyone that replied to my questions and helped in the installation. A friend came over and helped me modify the header where there would be enough clearence and the bracket that someone suggested for the pump works great and looks great. Thanks again and thank goodness we have this great Camaro Tech Site. Donnie...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts