Team Camaro Tech banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
1969 camaro 396 convertible RS/SS VIN issues

My buddy in Saint Louis sent me pictures of the VIN but its not legible or readable. Will the DMV take this into account, in my State it will need an ID OD from one state to another and if I cannot read it due to rust will it even be legal to title? I understand the title is lost or gone. Can anyone please give me an idea or have issues with this type in the past? Item number: 150877444837 ends Aug 19, 201218:00:00 PDT. Thank you.

http://www.nationalenergysociety.com/69/DSC01366.JPG

http://www.nationalenergysociety.com/69/DSC01367.JPG

http://www.nationalenergysociety.com/69/DSC01368.JPG

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
LINK

Wow. It's bid up to 6K?? It's really nothing more than a parts car. To restore that thing will take at least another 50K. VIN appears to be 124679N578167 and trim tag body number is 174295.

Anyway, your buddy will have to check with his local motor vehicle department and see what they say.

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buddy said its the real deal with 396. But just scarred on that VIN, has rust threw on ends. Dont want to spend top dollar and its a parts car. Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Dynacorn body but hell the VIN is gone and has rust holes in places! The more i look at it the more i say it’s a basket case. Well at least the VIN is, the drive train might be rebuild able but looks like it sat for years and it is most likely rusted to hell inside and out. Why would this person let this get so bad! Congress needs to make a law for people like this. Was this pulled from a river? If not sure looks like it was.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My question is the 3 and the 7 look like they could be 8 or 1. If my state rejects the VIN or ID OD then im screwed, and paying top dollar is overkill for scrap parts! If this gets sandblasted or rust-off, could those numbers disappear? Looks like VIN tag is very thin with that much rust. Will judges take points off during a show? Law says you cannot tamper with VIN in any state. Has anyone else seen this or experienced this before?

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
You guys are off on the VIN, its 124679N570167

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Anybody noTice the daylight under the car????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
124679N570167 no WAY!. its 124679N5708167 or 124679N573167. The guy hasent posted the VIN yet. So who knows for sure. Any pictures of the Trany, it should have the last VIN stamped also. This would tell for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Nope, its definately 124679N570167 or 168. The last digit is either 7 or 8 as the 8 was flat on top.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I contacted my DMV and ID OD site location and they said if they cannot get a visable clear VIN ID they will reject it. So looks like this Camaro is parts only! The VIN is junk!!!

·
Retired
26,663 Posts
I contacted my DMV and ID OD site location and they said if they cannot get a visable clear VIN ID they will reject it. So looks like this Camaro is parts only! The VIN is junk!!!
Just because the pictures leave it rather hard to read that doesn't mean it is not clear enough to read in person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you blind! Did you not see the pictures, its rusted and gone. Nobody can tell if its a 7 8 or 0. Its junk! with rust holes! See the pictures. Im out of the bidding game.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.