Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is text heavy but worth the read!

My Dad and I acquired this 1969 RS/SS L78 with its original motor last year around Christmas time. We’ve steadily been working on it and I just joined the forum and thought I’d post some progress!

The car was purchased new at Appleway Chevrolet in Spokane Washington. Originally it was Fathom green, with a black vinyl top and 725 green deluxe interior. Rear fold down seat, wood wheel, 8 track player with Am, rear antenna, tilt wheel, and console gauges.

The car spent it’s life in the Omak, Washington area until the late 90s. I ended up finding the contact info from two of the previous owners. One owned the car from the mid-70s into the 80s and one from the 80s into the 90s. The first owner I talked to, traded a truck to his brother for the car. When he got it in the mid-70s the car was already changed to black with white interior! The car also had a 1966 Chevelle L78 motor with a tunnel ram and a hood scoop. He owned it all through out high school and ended up swapping in a 427 and went street racing in it. He eventually sold it to the second owner I talked to and the car was sold a few times until it was sold to the guy we bought it from.

Our plan with the car is to leave the outside with it’s black patina paint, but completely restore the interior, underside, and engine compartment of the car. We are staying as close to possible with a few day two touches.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,514 Posts
Yes, you need 10 posts to post pics. Even then I think its better to use off site hosting....

Ahhh, I see you did it! Your pretty slick.

Brett.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts