Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just wound up with a 1969 Camaro SS with a correct but not numbers matching 396/375 Big Block and a 4 Speed. Daytona Yellow, black interior, vinyl top - a very nice restoration, complete with firewall stamps, etc.

The engine appears to be correct but with the wrong date - it was apparently replaced but the date is now off and the VIN stamp is wrong. Intake and carburetor are correct, as are most other components except the pulleys are not the original deep grove anymore. Headers appear orignal as well.

My question for the board is regarding the distributor and plug wires. What would the correct distributor and wires be? I would tell you what it has (and what I was told was correct) but I am almost embarrassed to suggest that they are correct.

Any input?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Do you have documentation for the car stating that it's a 375 HP car? When was your car built? What engine casting and engine assembly date code do you have in your car now? It should not have headers, do you mean exhaust manifolds? The exhaust manifolds have date codes on them too.

[This message has been edited by KURT (edited 12-16-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts