Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently researching and developing a plan to build a 69 Camaro with a 572 Chevy engine. My plan is to have 4 wheel disc brakes (Wilwood possibly), manual steering, manual transmission, strong rear end, coilovers, tubular control arms, stiffened chassis and a proper subframe. I was wondering what the best parts are to use and how I could manage to make this engine fit. The ideal situation I would like to be in is to be able to purchase a Dynacorn body and build the car from scratch, but I would most likely purchase a completed (or close to completed) car and add my modifications to it. I have seen this done, but I have not seen a detailed build plan posted anywhere. I would like to have some more ideas of how this is done so that I won't run into any issues when I hopefully plan to do this.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
You realize that the 572 available from Chevrolet uses a tall deck block, right? Still possible to do what you want, but it will require special headers to fit. They may be readily available, though. I've never messed with a tall deck in a car chassis. Ought to be a few guys around that can help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Michael, that's a hell of a question you're asking. It encompasses everything on this web site and the hobby.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You can get 572 out of a short deck block
4.560 bore X 4.375 stroke.
street or strip car?
what rpm are going to turn ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts