Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I attend a lot of car shows and read a lot of Camaro trim tags. More than 50% of the cars do not match and no one seems to care.

Only on the internet and concours type events where you are being judged does it matter.

LeMans Blue is so popular, I have heard non Camaro people just call it "Camaro Blue". You will not have any trouble selling a blue car.
Good info on the color. Thanks.
This is true and most people who by from dealers are clueless about the TT as well as the other #s and details.

So imho the car, if it is as described, is worth about $45. The dealer here probably wants 10% or more so he has to jack up the price to get himself a profit and in doing so will add more to allow some negotiating room.

So speculation gets us to an asking price of mid to high $50s. Way too much for this car.

GLWS
All the classic cars I sell are brought to me from my friends hot rod shop. They are his customers and I help them both out in getting them sold. I wish I was making 10% on these classic cars- not even close. But yes I will mark it up so there's room for negotiation and to keep the seller happy. At the end of the day its his car, his price and with what I've seen out here on the west coast which hasn't been a whole lot this SHOULD sell rather quickly. Thanks again for the input. What did you ultimately sell yours for and how many days were you on market if you don't mind me asking?

·
15,227 Posts
I’m talking about gross dealer markup not net profit on the deal.

Mine went for $52k numbers verified and all mechanical work complete by an NCRS judge that has a shop in calif. all mechanical was done with receipts when I bought the car. I had to finish body, paint and interior.

It took 90 days or so to sell

·
Registered
3 Posts
What a cool car! Three months ago I wanted to buy one from a salesman. In a phone call, he described it quite well. But when I arrived at the meeting point, I was very disappointed. The seats were all worn out. Under the bonnet was a nightmare altogether. And most importantly, the salesman wouldn't let me drive it, even though he claimed the car was roadworthy, so what was the problem? I felt so sorry for the time wasted. I decided, for the sake of interest, to check the status of the MOT on car.co.uk. It turned out that the car had not been serviced for several years.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts