Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to upgrade the front suspension on my 1969 and would like some feedback on what others have found to work best. The car had been completely restored when I bought it so all stock parts are in excellent shape. I would like to simply improve the handling of the car within a reasonable cost. I won't be taking the car on the track. Here are the options I'm considering:

1. Install Delrin bushing in the stock upper and lower a-arms and install tall upper ball joints or,

2. Install tubular upper a-arms and keep the stock lower a-arms (adding Delrin bushings the stock lower arms) or,

3. Install tubular upper and lower a-arms.

I'm interested in feedback. Also, any reason to use tall ball joints if I use tubular upper a-arms? Thanks for your input.

Kenny

·
14,741 Posts
I would do #1 along with good shocks and sway bar.

Skip the tubulars

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
+ 1 on RideTech springs.

Larger sway bar. I just went with Summit brand

My $.02 is rubber A arm bushings (Moog) as the Poly's, IMHO, make for a to stiff ride. If it was all about auto X..than Poly

Shocks, I like Bilstein's

Tubular A arms...IDK if there is a big difference between them and stamped A arms alone. I suspect noticeable under hard Auto X conditions

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Tall balljoints effectively make the spindle taller. Tubular arms do nothing to increase the height of the spindle.

Sometimes tall balljoints can bind when used with stock arms. David Pozzi can elaborate on this but it depends on how much taller they are.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts