Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
With a 327 it's located in the Inlet of the Carburetor, if it's still original ...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a 327 it's located in the Inlet of the Carburetor, if it's still original ...
Follow up since it's not the original 327.

I have a Holly 650 on the engine, is the filter located in the carb? (see image - could the filters be located where designated)

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Yup, could be ...
They would be small Sintered-Bronze type filters.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a bit of research, (god I love the internet) those are indeed the inline fuel filters. I'm going to pick a couple up in the morning to see if it corrects my problem (car runs rough after a installing a new rotor, cap, wires and plugs - Hope this does the trick).

Thanks for the help :)

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Some engine tuners will move the #1 wire ahead one position- to permanently advance the timing more.

If that is the case - your light won't read properly.
You may have to start at scratch, and re-install your distributor to the factory setting???
Or back off on the timing - see if that helps.

That engine looks like it has had some performance modifications - I would bet. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm, you might run down the wires one more time. 18436572

added: or... did you change the timing?
I changed the wires one at a time, from the old cap to the new, so they are in the correct order. And no, I did not change the timing.

Some engine tuners will move the #1 wire ahead one position- to permanently advance the timing more.

If that is the case - your light won't read properly.
You may have to start at scratch, and re-install your distributor to the factory setting???
Or back off on the timing - see if that helps.

That engine looks like it has had some performance modifications - I would bet.
At this point I suspect the carburator is the problem. Since I know nothing about carbs and am at a loss of what to do, I took it to the local repair shop around the corner. Damn, I'm nervous about the car being there, but the place is an institution around here and they do a lot of work on old cars.

After getting a cup of coffee at starbucks, there where no less than 3 people looking at the car (outside the shop). Again, a bit nervous about it being there :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A quick follow-up. I did manage to put in new spark plugs. The old one's were gapped at .040 so I gapped the new one's the same.

The car has a Mallory Comp 9000 distributor and electronic ignition, you think .040 is the correct gapping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.