Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a build thread for my 69. I bought it in 1995 incomplete and in pieces for $700. It originally had a 307 W/PG which was missing. The guy I bought it from did some nice work & some real crap work on it. It pretty much sat untouched in my garage for 10-12 years (I got married in 1996) After two moves I started working on it. Here is a photo of it at our second house pretty much the way I bought it.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car background info: My brother bought it from the original owner, we started to disassemble it, he sold it to his neighbor. His neighbor was moving out of state & I was going to buy his 64 1/2 Mustang. I was at his house with trailer & asked what he was going to do with the Camaro & he said it was for sale for the same price as the Mustang. I told him I'll take the Camaro instead. The Camaro is a 307 Powerglide, no spoiler & very little chrome optioned car. I does have a center console. Four wheel drum, 10 bolt open, Glacier Blue with dark blue standard interior.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the frame was off I started to work on the fire wall. I removed the wiper motor & noticed a small hole onder it. Well after removing some bondo, a small hole turned into a rather large one. I decided to patch rather than replace the whole fire wall. The hard part was welding the patch inside the cowl to make it water tight again.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Your story began one year before and $1,000 less than my '69. :) Looking forward to seeing another one come back to life! Have fun and enjoy the ride... :beers:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts