Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to replace the 2-speed powerglide in my 69 with a 3-speed 350 turbo transmission. I know I will have to change the torque converter but will I have to replace the flywheel, crossmember or driveshaft? Also, do the fluid lines have a different bend? Anything else major that will need changed? My car originally came with a 350 turbo so the stock shifter is already set-up for one.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
just be sure to get the TH350 with the 6'' tailshaft and you will be fine. The crossmember is the same, overall length is very very close so driveshaft is fine, same flexplate will work. If I remember correctly, you will need to get a new transmission selector bracket... costs about $8 at the repro houses.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Originally posted by boodlefoof:
Seems like you might have to elongate the mounting holes in the crossmember slightly, but no big deal. Be sure to check your u-joint alignment once you get it in. When doing a tranny swap of any type, it is often necessary to shim the tail shaft mount slighly to get the angles right. But a THM350 and PG are about the closest match of all transmission swaps.

-dnult

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.