Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1969 Camaro that I want to convert to R/S frontend. I'm going to purchase new R/S fenders because the old ones have alot of filler and also some rust in them. We want the R/S look, but because this car mainly sees dragstrip duty I only want to buy the minimum number of parts to get the look. Don't need all the bells and whistles that you would need on a restoration. This question applies mainly to the frontend of the car. Can anyone help me?If you could give me a list of parts I would need that would help alot. Don't want to invest $1000 just to acheive the R/S look. Thanks

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You will need the following parts:

The RS fenders, complete RS Grille assembly, complete RS headlight cover assemblies with bell crank & springs, maybe new headlight cans (can't remeber if RS cans are different from non-RS). If you are not driving on the street you may be able to ditch the headlight parts and permanently close the headlamp covers.

That should do it!

You can find these parts at many restoration parts houses. Try NPD or Rick's First Generation. Rick's has a downloadable catalog with part numbers!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get yourself a couple of restoration catalogs from parts suppliers such as Classic Industries, D&R Classics, Ricks First Generation, etc. Mostly you'll need the bellcrank assemblies, the doors, grill, lower valance, new parking lights, and new lenses, and bellcrank mounting parts. For the back you'll need RS lenses and backup lights w/ lenses.

...Ron

J

·
0 Posts
If you have to run lights you will need the comlete RS capsuls. If you will have no lights you could fabricate metal straps to hold the doors in place within the grill openings. Two straps with a 90 on each end glued to the upper and lower grill backside painted flat black for the doors to sit against. Use a good glue like a heavy panel adhesive for car door skins. You can get this glue from any auto paint/body supply store. A screw with a polished head would wedge between the chrome louvers on the chrome door inserts and go through these straps. Just a thought, But It would be cheap. Mayebee this will help with ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts