Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a pedal pad that fits.
The brake pedal in our 69 seems too long to fit any of the common brake pedal pads.
We've bought a couple of them for a 69 Camaro, and all of the pads we've seen or tried are too small. From what I've read the camaro shared the same pad as a lot of other GM cars. Our pedal measures about 6-3/8" across at the top. And the bottom measures about 5-5/8" across
Any help on this would be much appreciated !!!

·
13,851 Posts
Appears to me after market pedal. I would probably just trim the pedal for the proper size to fit the pad. Or you can easily find original auto brake pedals for cheap

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah looks like aftermarket or maybe GMC. You could take the measurements to your bigbox parts shop and search the "HELP" products isle for the replacement that fits.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Without trying to remove the rubber from my original automatic pedal, I say your pedal measures right and is correct, Where did you get the pad and what's the part number?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I don't know what to tell you except that my brake pedal on a 68 is the same size as yours. Given some measuring tape errors, mine is 6 1/4 across the top 5 1/2 across the bottom and 2" in height.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
With these measurements you should be able to tell if your pedal is right, I'm measuring the bottom with the pad still installed

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pedal assembly is an OER part and the pad came from motorcitymusclecars ebay. The pad matches the same pads sold in common parts stores, autozone etc for about $5. So we're going to chalk this up as a aftermarket issue and just trim the pedal a bit. It's an easy fix!

Thanks fellas for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts