Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1969 Camaro, there are 3 light per side for the tail lights. The outside socket takes a 1157 bulb for the parking, stop and turn signal. The middle socket is for the back up light and takes a 1156 bulb, I believe. What should be with the inside light closest to the middle and trunk lock? I thought this should be a 1157 socket as well for the Parking, stop and turn signal like the outside socket, but on the harness I have it has a socket for another 1156 single element bulb. In this configuration, the inside light is always bright like the stop light on the outside socket. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
It is for your back up lights. It should also be a 1156 bulb. The only problem that I had with the 2 tail lights is one would be brighter than the other. I ended up changing the 1156 bulb to another bulb ( dont have the number on me ) It was the same base size but had a smaller bulb glass. Now if you look at the lights when the running lights are on they are the same brightness.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

THANKS for the reply. The is exactly the condition I have now with this configuration...the inside light is brighter than the outside like with the parking lights running. For some reason I thought the outside and inside turn signal bulbs would have called for 1157's in each, that way they both would come on when you hit the brakes or use the turn signals.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Run an 1155 bulb on the inner socket. It will be the same brightness as the 1157, but will only be a running light. Unless your car is an RS, then just the outside lights have the dual filament.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 1969 Camaro, there are 3 light per side for the tail lights. The outside socket takes a 1157 bulb for the parking, stop and turn signal. The middle socket is for the back up light and takes a 1156 bulb, I believe. What should be with the inside light closest to the middle and trunk lock? I thought this should be a 1157 socket as well for the Parking, stop and turn signal like the outside socket, but on the harness I have it has a socket for another 1156 single element bulb. In this configuration, the inside light is always bright like the stop light on the outside socket. Is this correct?
Yes it is correct......basically it's a running light that is as bright as the 1157 when the brakes are applied......if you want a dimmer bulb that is the same as the 1157 when brakes not applied, you want an 1155. 1156 is what the car came with however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts