Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at an RS Camaro convertible. It is in really good shape body wise, no rust anywhere on the car and it is solid. 350,powerglide, 10 bolt rear, very very clean car. What is it worth? Some one told me that it could have been an RS/SS Convertible. If this is the case what would that be worth compared to an RS convertible?

UPDATE!!! I GOT SCREWED BY EXTREME MOTOR CARS in GLOUCESTER NEW JERSEY!!! READ MY POSTS BELOW!!!

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
581 Posts
the SS would increase it a good bit, but with a 10 bolt rear, it probably isn't. But that rear could have been swapped out at some point.

'69 RS conv. are pulling good money anymore. It's what I'm looking for currently, and the prices are always too high for my taste.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the SS would increase it a good bit, but with a 10 bolt rear, it probably isn't. But that rear could have been swapped out at some point.

'69 RS conv. are pulling good money anymore. It's what I'm looking for currently, and the prices are always too high for my taste.

What do you consider "too high for your taste"? You seem to know alot about these cars so I am looking for what your opinion of a fair price or going rate might be?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Some one told me that it could have been an RS/SS Convertible.
Thanks
Mark
Mark.
Why did somebody think it might have been an SS also?

Without pictures the prices I've seen latley for an RS 'vert range from 25K to 32K. I also have been kicking around the idea of buying one.
Doug

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Yes, and you saw the fighting over THAT one. Man, that brought out the worst in fellas. It was a steal of a deal at that price and the seller seemed to stick with the first responder, rather than raise his price, which would have been fine.

That was a 25k car all day and night, and a real LM1 to boot.

Rich

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Extreme Motor Cars In Gloucester Nj I Got Screwed!!

ANYONE HEAR OF THEM??? This guy GREG SCREWED ME out of a camaro rs convertible!!! Im just glad I didnt wire him the money like he wanted me to today. I was all set to go to the bank and took a look at the auction to get the item number to reference the wire transfer. I went on ebay and just saw that he ended the auction and sold to the highest bidder for 500 more than what he had a deal with me for!! I know he has a couple of matching number chevelles as well so BE ON THE LOOK OUT if you see him on ebay!! His EBAY name is HUMMERGRL40. I dont know if he was trying to scam me or if he just took someone elses deal for 500 more!!! Either way I just want to make sure someone else does not get taken!!!
WATCHOUT!!!

EXTREME MOTOR CARS ...THEIR LOCATED ON 711 RT 130 SOUTH in GLOUCESTER NJ!!

·
Premium Member
6,761 Posts
How did you get taken if no money changed hands?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Re: Extreme Motor Cars In Gloucester Nj I Got Screwed!!

ANYONE HEAR OF THEM??? This guy GREG SCREWED ME out of a camaro rs convertible!!! Im just glad I didnt wire him the money like he wanted me to today. I was all set to go to the bank and took a look at the auction to get the item number to reference the wire transfer. I went on ebay and just saw that he ended the auction and sold to the highest bidder for 500 more than what he had a deal with me for!! I know he has a couple of matching number chevelles as well so BE ON THE LOOK OUT if you see him on ebay!! His EBAY name is HUMMERGRL40. I dont know if he was trying to scam me or if he just took someone elses deal for 500 more!!! Either way I just want to make sure someone else does not get taken!!!
WATCHOUT!!!

EXTREME MOTOR CARS ...THEIR LOCATED ON 711 RT 130 SOUTH in GLOUCESTER NJ!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300094609623&rd=1,1

I talked to him a couple of days ago and he told me he would end the auction early for 24K......

I hate it when a deal is made and then broken. What ever happened to somebodys word meaning something?? Broken promises seem the norm for some.......

Doug

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea he is a real dirt bag!!!! To answer your question I would have possibly gotten screwed if I HAD WIRED THE MONEY!! I was all set to go to the bank and send the money through. Just through shear luck I checked the auction one more time before I left and that is when I saw it. CAN YOU IMAGINE ME TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK IF I WIRED IT!!! I figured since this guy owned a business it would be safe. I GUESS I WAS WRONG.

BTW The deal he told me to end the auction early was 23,500 WHICH I AGREED TO on SUNDAY MORNING!! He gave me the info on MONDAY MORNING. So I guess he was looking to screw people out of deposits or maybe a whole lot more.

Some people I know from NJ said they know the place. Said they are known for doing this kind of crap all the time. One guy told me he is a mud and rattle can hack so I guess it was for the best. God only knows what real shape the car was in!! STAY IN JERSEY YOU DIRTBAG!!! (NO offense to the jersey people of course)

Mark

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mark,
I lost some interest when I found out he was a car dealer. Then looking at the auction pictures I noticed the headlight squirter was missing and the Rallysport fender emblems appeared higher than they should be and lost a little more interest. Also, being out here on the left coast would have added another dimension to the deal. All in all it just didn't feel right for me.
Thank goodness you checked the auction one more time!!
Doug

·
Retired
26,983 Posts
Mark don't take this wrong, I'm just pointing out some observations, asking some questions and expressing how I would have proceeded.

1. is it unethical to ask someone to end an auction? I don't know the ebay rules but it seems to me they say an auction is a binding agreement and unless no reserve was met you would have been stealing the deal from the high bidder at the time the auction was ended. I know it's a common happening but it seems two unethical issues arise, the second is the seller beating ebay out of it's cut...

2. If I did make a deal with the seller, I wouldn't even pay a deposit until I saw the auction was ended.

3. Right in the auction it says "NEVER pay for a vehicle by instant cash transfer,such as Western Union or Moneygram"

Anyway just my thoughts, there are ways to do these transactions that protect both sellers and buyers... It seems when we shortcut the system is when we get into problems...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Point well taken Dennis...

Honestly I have dealt with many people on ebay, but I always go and see the car in person even if it means a plane trip out there. I have never had a problem before. I like others thought that because this guy was a car dealer that I would not get taken money wise.....Guess I was wrong!! Lesson learned. Just glad it did not come at a price!!

I believe that what comes around goes around and someday he and that BEECH of a wife of his will get theirs!!! KARMAS A BEEATCH!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
1. is it unethical to ask someone to end an auction? I don't know the ebay rules but it seems to me they say an auction is a binding agreement and unless no reserve was met you would have been stealing the deal from the high bidder at the time the auction was ended. I know it's a common happening but it seems two unethical issues arise, the second is the seller beating ebay out of it's cut...
Dennis,

The auction ended according to ebay rules. Nothing unusual about it. The seller has this option. He paid his $40 dollars to list and then was charged $40 for a completed sale. (prices may have changed)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300094609623&rd=1,1

The seller in this case was going to be happy with 24K. As soon as he made a deal, he either put a "buy it now for 24K" on his auction, or in this case it appears the high bidder at the time, at 24K, was chosen by the seller to be the winner. The high bidder won the auction, nobody got undercut. Not sure why a seller would do this as the auction might go higher. (quick cash, bird in hand?)

When I talked to him he told me he was looking for 24-25K. I got the feeling that was the point of his auction, not how much can I get. I could tell the first offer at that amount was going to end the auction.

Doug

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Point well taken Dennis...

Honestly I have dealt with many people on ebay, but I always go and see the car in person even if it means a plane trip out there. I have never had a problem before. I like others thought that because this guy was a car dealer that I would not get taken money wise.....Guess I was wrong!! Lesson learned. Just glad it did not come at a price!!

I believe that what comes around goes around and someday he and that BEECH of a wife of his will get theirs!!! KARMAS A BEEATCH!!
Mark,
You might want to hit the edit button and tone this down a bit.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.