Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a car from a team member and for some reason my rear back up lights went out? duh? is it a simple fuse or are both bulbs bad?or is it an adjustment in the shifter? they did work fine.i havent checked anything yet, but i will tonite.(looking for idea's)thanks, brandon.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Re: 1969 RS camaro rear back up lights in-op?

Brandon -

If I remember the car correctly, it is a column shift auto, correct? If so, like Don says the neutral safety and reverse lamp switch is at the base of the column inside the car, on top of the column. Without taking anything apart, you should be able to move the gear selector lever around and see if it triggers the lights at all in any position. If it does turn them on, just not when the selector is in reverse, then it is a simple adjustment issue.

If it doesn't trigger them in any position, the next thing I would do is use a multimeter to check for 12V (with key in and in run position) on the pink wire leading to the NSS/reverse light switch.

If you have 12V showing on the pink, then I'd move to the rear light harness disconnect (rectangular block behind the left taillight, where the middle body harness meets the rear light harness), and check for 12V on the lime green wire (with the key on and selector in reverse).

You can also remove both the pink and green from the reverse lamp switch and use the multimeter to check for continuity at the switch. Hook it up, and if the MM beeps when the selector is in reverse, the switch is good.

I don't have the fuse block diagram here, and I can't recall what else is on that circuit. Try some basic checks, and then we can go from there.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts

Looking at a pic of a 69 fuse box, it looks like the reverse lamps are on a fuse with the directionals. Do the turn signals still work?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Eric, yes its bill old car and it is automatic on the col. And yes the turn signals are working correctly,.. It is an rs car.

·
Super Moderator
32,447 Posts

As Eric suggests, Back the car to a door/wall to see the reverse lights or not as you slowly run the gear selector threough the gears.

If they do light, then its an adjustment.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts

dont make come up there and fix it for you brandon!! hahahaha... did you get it fixed yet??..take it easy one the ole girl..its not a reher morrison engine under the hood...hahaha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

thanks guys, i got them working, it was a adjustment.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts

Sometimes it IS the simple things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts