Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A family member has a 1969 RS that they are considering selling. I have just fully restored a 1968 RSSS and not up on my 69s. I think they are going to give me first option on the car. I need some help putting a value on this car. Here are some of the specifics:

1969 RS
Has a rebuilt 400 in it right now but they do have a 350 that goes with it as well (not sure if it is original to the car)
Powerglide
10-bolt
Houndstooth
power windows
ac
body is in good shape - needs minor repair and complete paint job
VIN tag and title match
cowl tag is missing :(

Any ideas on value? I want to offer a fair price for the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Sight unseen it is hard to pin down, but if the body has minimal rust (no replacement panels needed- dents can be fixed if minor), the car runs/ drives o.k. and is in otherwise good condition I'd guesstimate between $12K and $14K. Start low (don't be insulting!) and work your way up- you might get lucky and save a few hundred $ for new paint!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Should be below market since it's family :D I think $10-12k would be fair. One thing about family, if you decide to sell it, cut them in on the net profit and give them first option for repurchase. This has worked for me in the past. Personally I wouldn't worry on the cowl tag as I am not a numbers guy when it come to these cars. Yeah sure it will have an effect on value but since the RS package is there and it is a popular year it will still have good value. That's my opinon anyway :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cowl tag does worry me. I'm not really looking to do another #s matching car because the 68 took me 4 years. The car is optioned good. I was thinking somewhere in the $8K-$10K would be fair. I think they are looking to get more than that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets say I have to give $15K and put another $10K to finish it, would I get $25K for it finished? I've seen some nice cars sell for less around here (VA). It would be a very nice car but don't want to have way more in it than I could get out of it. I don't turn cars but I do like to protect my investment. I'll try to get some pics.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reference. I guess the cowl tag scares me. I may buy it and fix it the way I want too. Looks like the range is $12k to $15k. Why would someone remove the tag unless it was an SS or Z28?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$9000 Great Deal
$10000 Good Deal
$12000 Fair Deal
$14000 Okay Deal (Someone wanting a solid project car)
$15000 If they can get that, more power to them.

I'll keep everyone posted as to what they offer it to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts