Team Camaro Tech banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious if you have ever driven a 69 Z28. They are not exactly what I would call a cruiser. And yes, I have owned one....

Fantastic garage art though....

Don
I have heard that a lot. I wanted a 69 Z myself, but all of the guys who have had them say that they are only fun if you are driving fast all of the time and not for cruising. I bought a dusk blue RS/SS and love it. Can’t beat the sound of a big block. Makes you grunt like Tim Allen

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, flame me all you want but I'm not going to be one of the crowd here that is going to try to convince the OP to not buy A Z. It's his money and his dream. AFIC, anybody that claims that the Z is a bear to drive on the road shouldn't be driving a performance vehicle. I had one of those Z motors in a 69 4-spd Chevelle back around 1973 and it was a BLAST. As far as sound nothing compared to the little high revving 302. I drove that car to and from work daily through busy town traffic and it was FUN. And this was a Chevelle (boat compared to a Camaro). Because of that experience I'm putting together a 302 tribute for my 68. Yes, there are other motors and such that will out perform, but that high winding sound, I'll never stop hearing it...

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
Ok, flame me all you want but I'm not going to be one of the crowd here that is going to try to convince the OP to not buy A Z. It's his money and his dream. AFIC, anybody that claims that the Z is a bear to drive on the road shouldn't be driving a performance vehicle. I had one of those Z motors in a 69 4-spd Chevelle back around 1973 and it was a BLAST. As far as sound nothing compared to the little high revving 302. I drove that car to and from work daily through busy town traffic and it was FUN. And this was a Chevelle (boat compared to a Camaro). Because of that experience I'm putting together a 302 tribute for my 68. Yes, there are other motors and such that will out perform, but that high winding sound, I'll never stop hearing it...
Flame on. I do not have a Z but do have a 302, not DZ, MO or C?. It used to be fun when all roads in the area were two lane black tops. Now all 6 lane concrete with scads of mustang and ricer kids and transplants endangering the public. It is just not as fun. You don't say where you are. Maybe your driving conditions are better. My truck has been hit three, once by a uninsured suspended driver, once in a parking lot, and by a young girl trying to occupy a space I was already in. Wife has been hit twice by uninsured drivers, not a lot of damage but put her mother in emergency room. If you are in the country with unfettered roads it is a dream, but those of us mired in the city, even so called suburbs, not so nice. Years ago I could make a left turn and be in the country in a minute or less. Now more like 30-40 minutes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Flame on. I do not have a Z but do have a 302, not DZ, MO or C?. It used to be fun when all roads in the area were two lane black tops. Now all 6 lane concrete with scads of mustang and ricer kids and transplants endangering the public. It is just not as fun. You don't say where you are. Maybe your driving conditions are better. My truck has been hit three, once by a uninsured suspended driver, once in a parking lot, and by a young girl trying to occupy a space I was already in. Wife has been hit twice by uninsured drivers, not a lot of damage but put her mother in emergency room. If you are in the country with unfettered roads it is a dream, but those of us mired in the city, even so called suburbs, not so nice. Years ago I could make a left turn and be in the country in a minute or less. Now more like 30-40 minutes.
Thanks for the input, you get it!!! Definately would love to see picks of the new ride. Best of luck with it.
Joe B

·
Registered
58 Posts
^Im with you, I been searching for some time now also and looking forward to that rawness. Around two years ago I came across two in the low 50’s through members here but unfortunately I wasn’t ready to buy and now that I am all I’ve been seeing is in the 80’s and above, the non matching transmission wouldn’t hold me back, I’m more concerned about original metal panels, hope to hear your feedback if you go with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
^Im with you, I been searching for some time now also and looking forward to that rawness. Around two years ago I came across two in the low 50’s through members here but unfortunately I wasn’t ready to buy and now that I am all I’ve been seeing is in the 80’s and above, the non matching transmission wouldn’t hold me back, I’m more concerned about original metal panels, hope to hear your feedback if you go with it.
Yea. Same here, last year I saw some nice ones around 60k, and I wasn't ready. Now that I am they are priced at 70 plus. Best of luck on your search. Hope you get what you want.

Joe B

41 - 46 of 46 Posts