Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
All 69 SS cars came with power disc brakes. I don't know if you could order them delete or why anyone would. It's possible the subframe was replaced, but most people would change the brakes over if they did that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was told that alot of the early race cars had the disc brakes removed for better times through the traps or somthing.Who knows what could have happened to the car in the last 30+ years.What does the trim tag say.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i thought that if it had the badges in stripes, it had to be a real SS...just like if it also has Z28 emblems, it is a real Z28. what does the engine id badge on the fender say? those are also 100% reliable, from what i see on e-bay. or am i just naive?

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
460 Posts
What year car is he looking at? Disks were required on the SS and Z in 69. Disks were only required on the Z in 67 and 68. Therefore you can have a legit 67-68 SS with drums

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
You can look at the brake hose brackets. They are different for disc or drum. Chances are slim that someone would change out the brackets, if they converted from disc to drum, for race reasons.
I looked at an unrestored Z11 once, that had drums. The brackes were disc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts